Welcome to Waxing Equipment.
In this stage, I will be explaining the wants and needs of wanting to wax instead of shaving or threading.
WANTS: This is where you decide on what body part you are wanting waxed. Anything from chest, legs (either half or full), arms, feet/toes, eyebrows, facial hairs (chin or upper lip) and back. Last of course, will be your private parts which I will go into later.
Begin by taking a warm shower and making sure that you wax in warm comfortable room. Cooler areas of a room can make the pores close up and wax becoming thicker. Wax should be the consistency of honey. Thicker will become harder to work with and not very effective when placing on body hair.
NEEDS: What wax are you going to choose for which body part?
Soft Wax is for larger areas of the body such as back, legs or under arm areas. Usually applied with a spatula (or even a jumbo craft stick) onto the area you wish to wax before removing with a muslin strip.
Hard Wax, with or without strips, is good for bikini and private part areas of your body.
Waxing Strips is the no mess option. Warming the double sided strip between your hands for a 10-15 seconds, separate then applying strip in the direction of the hair growth. Leave for another 10-15 seconds by pulling in the opposite direction to remove hair.
If you have NEVER waxed or NOT waxed for a long period of time, it may be necessary in trimming pubic hair using scissors before waxing.
A patch test is ALWAYS recommended around your upper thigh. This part being a hidden area is to test for allergies or skin sensitivities to the ingredients in the wax itself.
You should always wait at least 24 hours, after the test to make sure there’s no irritation.
THINGS TO DO:
- Grow your leg hair out to between 1/2cm and 1cm long (say between 2-3 weeks) so as this way, you will achieve the most results.
- Exfoliate two days before waxing to remove any dead skin. Don’t do this right before the leg wax, as you’ll run the risk of inflammation.
- Make sure your skin is not irritated, inflamed, cut, infected, sunburnt or too dry.
- Moisturise your legs on the day before. DO NOT apply moisturiser on waxing day, as it interferes with the wax.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing after waxing to avoid irritation caused by rubbing.
THINGS NOT TO DO:
- Sunbake or go swimming on the day before waxing.
- Apply moisturiser on your legs on waxing day.
- DO NOT exfoliate on the day of waxing as this makes your skin sensitive and could cause inflammation.
You will now have your silky and smooth looking skin, leaving you feeling great.
Make sure that you avoid the sun as skin is extra sensitive and may attract slight burns or irritations.